In the heart of downtown Chicago, the American Writers Museum celebrates all genres of writing through interactive exhibits and programming. From Twain to Tupac, there’s a story here for everyone. Discover for yourself and visit today! 180 N. Michigan Avenue. Open Daily 10 AM – 5 PM. Named Illinois’ Best Attraction by USA Today and One of the 10 Best New Museums in the World by Fodor’s.
What You'll Get
Visit: American Writers Museum, 180 N Michigan Ave 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-7401
Visitors will explore the great writers’ hometowns and learn about all of the AWM Affiliate homes in Writers Hall. In A Nation of Writers they will learn about and celebrate authors who are emblematic of a unique American Voice, across history, genre, and mediums, from poets to sportswriters . Galleries such as The Mind of a Writer will de-mystify famed writers’ works and methodologies and invite visitor creativity with games and other immersive offerings. The Wintrust Chicago Gallery will delve into the great writers, literary influencers, characters, and groups that shaped the city’s unique literary tradition. Featured in the Meijer Gallery is the temporary exhibit, Capturing Stories: Photographs of Writers by Art Shay showcasing Shay’s landmark images of Nelson Algren and other notable writers. Laura Ingalls Wilder: From Prairie to Page exhibit in the Writer’s Room focuses on Wilder’s lifelong relationship with language and writing that shaped her Little House series.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Students qualify for the senior rate, must present a valid student ID upon arrival
- The Museum welcomes all visitors and we hope to make our exhibits and programming accessible to all. To that end, the following services are offered: Button activated doors at the building entrance Elevator access to the 2nd floor A large, gender-neutral, family restroom Wide restroom stalls with grab bars
- Button activated doors at the building entrance
- Elevator access to the 2nd floor
- A large, gender-neutral, family restroom
- Wide restroom stalls with grab bars
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Entry/Admission - American Writers Museum
- Parking is not included.
Located on the famed Michigan Avenue
3/15/2019 - 6/20/2019Monday - Sunday:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM 3/15/2020 - 6/20/2020Monday - Sunday:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
1 to 5 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the American Writers Museum in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.