Enjoy the spectacular beauty of the Revelstoke area of British Columbia while river rafting down the wild and scenic Illecillewaet River. On this 4-hour round trip excursion, you'll experience an exhilarating adventure on Class II and III whitewater. Ideal for families, first timers and experienced river runners alike. Share your sense of adventure and love of the river on this fun and memorable rafting trip.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mount Revelstoke National Park, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0 Canada
Our rafting trip flows alongside Mt. Revelstoke National Park allowing for fantastic views of snowcapped peaks, ice fields and glaciers.
Stop At: Apex Rafting Company, 112 First St. East, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0 Canada
Meet in the lobby area of the Regent Hotel in downtown Revelstoke. You'll begin by filling out waivers and having any questions answered. Your guides will then pick you up and take you to the gear room, which is equipped with several changing rooms.
You'll be given a wet-suit, wet-suit socks and a splash top. Fleece tops and neoprene gloves are also available for cooler days. For under the wet-suit, you should wear swimwear or a light pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Any tie on or strap on footwear is acceptable. Feel free to choose from a vast selection of "experienced" running shoes or bring your own. The river gear is machine washed after each use to keep the river gear hygienic, smelling nice and in good condition.
Once all rafters are suited up, the rafting bus will pick you up at the hotel. Drive through the historic Rogers Pass, 35kms east of Revelstoke, to river access below Albert Canyon. On the ride up, your guides will deliver a safety briefing and answer any questions.
Upon arrival, you'll be issued helmets and life jackets. A photographer will be following every trip. This is a great opportunity to get group photos. The guides take this time to rig the boats and safety equipment and divide the groups. Once at the riverside you are given an instructional/safety briefing to help prepare for your adventure and then you’re ready to go rafting! Time on the river is somewhere between 2 and 2.5 hours, depending on current river flows.
On the river, raft up to 25kms of Class II and III white water rapids. The boundaries of Mt. Revelstoke National Park provide a spectacular backdrop to the river. The Illecillewaet River runs through parts of Canada's only inland rain forest with the chance to see river otters, bears, deer, moose and bird life that frequent the area. Toward the end of the trip, enjoy more of a float and take in the surrounding beauty of the Selkirk Range.
The rafting bus will meet you at the Take Out. Enjoy a light snack of pastries and fruit while the guides load boats and collect life jackets and helmets. A short bus ride back will return you to the Regent Hotel. The guides will then gather the rest of the river gear.
You have the option to change back into your street clothes or go straight into the hotel hot tub for a quick soak. Back in the rafting office, everyone can watch a slideshow of their river adventure. You can purchase souvenir T-shirts and watch a slideshow of the day's photos if you wish.
Conveniently located in the hotel is the River City Pub, where you can enjoy a discounted meal. This is a great way to relax to conclude a fun day on the river with Apex Raft Company.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for participants who are pregnant or anyone with back or neck problems
- Participants do not need to know how to swim
- Operates in all weather conditions
- No experience is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All necessary rafting equipment
- Professional river guide
- Photo service
- Round trip transportation
- Entry/Admission - Apex Rafting Company
- Food and drinks, but available on site at the River City Pub
- Souvenirs and T-Shirts (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Apex Rafting Company Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.