Discover historic Ashland Mansion, the famous home to “The Great Compromiser,” Henry Clay. Representing Kentucky in the United States Senate and House of Representatives, as well as his tenure as Secretary of State under President John Quincy Adams, Henry Clay played a pivotal role in United States politics and history for close to half a century. Enjoy a narrated one hour tour of Ashland, stepping back in time to the 18th century as you explore the 18-room Federate-style mansion built by the former political leader. End your visit with an optional self-guided tour of the Gardens and Grounds, Civil War Monument, and Henry Clay Exhibit. Tour this historic estate on a family-friendly excursion located close to downtown Lexington; guarantee admission to this popular site by booking ahead.
What You'll Get
Visit: Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, 120 Sycamore Rd, Lexington, KY 40502-1842
Make your way to Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, located in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. Walk through the meticulously preserved rooms of this 18-room Federate-styled mansion, complete with an impressive display of original furnishings, artwork and statuary. Ashland is a must-see for anyone interested in Kentucky history, United States history, Political history, the Civil War, and architecture.
Enter the front door and our knowledgeable docents will welcome you inside for a narrated journey through this beautiful estate. Then, take an optional self-guided tour of the gardens and grounds, Civil War monument and Henry Clay Exhibit. Immerse yourself in the history of Henry Clay's Ashland and conclude with a stop at the Museum Store or enjoy a bite to eat at The Ginkgo Tree Café.
At the end of your visit, make your way back to downtown Lexington and enjoy other must-see sites.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This ticket may be redeemed for any tour departure time on the reserved date of travel.
- Tours depart hourly 10am-4pm Tuesdays - Saturdays (1pm-4pm Sundays from April-November). Last tour departs at 4pm.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your preferred tour departure time. If tour is sold out you will be placed on the next available tour time that day.
- Accessibility - Ashland is equipped with a handicap ramp located on the back side of the house. The first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible through the ramp, but please be advised that there are 26 stairs to the second floor. For those guests not wishing to go upstairs, we provide a book with pictures and descriptions of the upstairs exhibits. To use the handicap ramp, please inform a staff member and we will be delighted to assist you into the house.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers who cannot walk or stand for one hour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- One hour narrated tour of Ashland Mansion
- Self-Guided tour of the Henry Clay Exhibit (optional)
- Self-Guided tour of the Civil War Monument (optional)
- Access to the estate's Gardens and Walking Trails
- Free On-Site Parking
- Transportation to/from Attraction
- Food and beverages (The Ginkgo Tree Café open Tuesdays-Saturday 9am-3pm)
- Souvenirs (Museum Store located at Ashland)
1 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.