What You'll Get
Dressed as Margaret Mitchell, your costumed guide greets you on board your luxury coach. Over the course of three hours, your guide stays in character as she takes you to see Atlanta's role in Gone with the Wind.
Relax as you travel through Atlanta to trace Margaret Mitchell’s time in the city, learning stories about her life and work. Visit the Margaret Mitchell House for a guided tour of the apartment where Mitchell wrote Gone with the Wind. Check out exhibitions that cover Mitchell’s journalism career at the Atlanta Journal, and how her life changed with the popularity of the book and film. Another exhibit details the book’s transformation from best seller to classic film.
Next, drive over to the Atlanta Public Library where you can examine a special collection of her belongings. See Mitchell’s Remington typewriter used to write the novel, first drafts of the book, and her Pulitzer Prize. After, check out an original bound script of the movie and autographs from the film’s famous cast.
On the road, your guide points out point of interest such as where the film’s cast stayed for the 1939 premiere. Your last stop takes you into Atlanta’s beautiful and historic Oakland Cemetery, where Mitchell is buried. Founded in 1850, the cemetery is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After an entertaining three hours, your tour ends back at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There are no cancellations allowed but if the tour does not reach a 4 person minimum then the tour is subject to close and you will receive a refund or can change to another tour.
- This tour is for anyone interested in the Civil War and Reconstruction Era.
- Tour operates in all weather. Umbrella or rain poncho is recommended for for light rain. For extreme weather conditions, please call the phone number on your voucher to reconfirm tour operation.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Bringing cash is recommended if you wish to purchase beverages, snacks or merchandise at stops along the way
- 3 hours with our very special Margaret Mitchell
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Margaret Mitchell costumed Guide
- Souvenir Group Photo
- See her typewriter, first drafts of the book and her Pulitzer Prize
- Entry/Admission - Margaret Mitchell House
- Entry/Admission - Gone With the Wind Museum at Historic Brumby Hall
- Entry/Admission - Road To Tara Museum
- Food and drinks
Atlanta Movie Tours, Inc.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Atlanta Movie Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.