Tour Contents：Before Europeans arrived in Alaska, dogsledding was already a veryimportant part of Alaskan local life. Dog sleds were the most convenient way totravel and to deliver important supplies between local villages in the dead ofwinter. Even today, dogsleds continue to be used in remote portions of Alaskafor daily travel needs. In the summer, the dogs usually take a break from pulling the sleds because the temperatures in interior Alaska grow too hot. In the fall, to get back in shape, they start by pulling ATVS and carts before the ground is snow-covered. Help them get warmed up for the season! On this tour enjoy the rush of a brisk 30-minute cart ride through the beautiful forests of Alaska. Your musher will happily take photos for you and with you. You will be won over by both these enthusiastic Alaskan Huskies and their mushers.
What You'll Get
Tour pick-ups begin at 9:30 a.m. Please be ready in the lobby of your hotel. You
will travel to the outskirts of town, a journey which will last about 45
minutes depending on road conditions. After arrival, you will be able to take
photos with the dogs, while being assigned to an ATV.
Your ride will last 30 minutes. Depending on the size of your group, there may
be more than 1 round of ATVS that go out before you depart to return to
Fairbanks. Usually time on site is about 3 hours, after which you will return to
*Please note, You will need to share the ATV with other people. Please follow the musher’s guidance when he assigns seating.
*Our pick-up service begins approximately 1 hr. before departure time for the activity, depending on the number of guests. If you need to contact our local office for a closer estimated pick-up, please dial 907-331-0588 during normal working hours of 9:00-17:00. If your guide is late more than 10 minutes to pick you up please give us a call. Please arrive in the lobby 10 minutes before your pick-up time. If you are not there when the driver arrives to pick you up, they will wait 5 minutes and then depart. We will not refund money if you are not on time for your pick-up and miss the activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress Code: Warm clothes
- Not recommended for child aged 03 and under
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (2). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Hotel Pick-ups are available from the following hotels:
- Regency Fairbanks Hotel
- Westmark Hotel
- Springhill Suites by Marriott
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Musher service and driver
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)- please see drop down box and hotel pick-up tab for list
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by heated high-top 15-passenger van or bus
- Food and drinks
3 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aurora Expeditions LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.