What You'll Get
Meet your local guide just west of Congress Avenue on 3rd Street 15 minutes before your departure time to begin your 2-hour guided bike tour of downtown Austin. Equipped with a bike and helmet (optional), you'll see the historic icons and hidden gems that make up the eclectic capital of Texas.
Pedal first to the historic Treaty Oak, where you'll learn about its storied role in the formation of Texas. Follow your guide past one of the state's last remaining moon towers (made famous by the film Dazed and Confused) before cycling through the campus of the University of Texas. While on campus, visit the building where the "Texas Tower Sniper" killed 17 people in 1966, and learn about the role oil played in the university's history at the historic Santa Rita oil well.
Continue on to Sholtz Garten, a beer garden opened in 1866, making it one of the oldest operating businesses in the state of Texas. After learning about Austin's beer and music history, hop back in the saddle for a ride to the final stop on your tour, the Texas Capitol, where your guide will tell you about the founding of Texas and the important role Austin played.
Your tour concludes back at the bike shop, where the staff will help you decide what to do next. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes for biking, and bring a bottle of water. Gratuities and hotel pickup/drop-off are not included.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger heights must be advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Gratuities (optinal)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Austin Bike Tours and Rentals in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.