What You'll Get
Take a ride through downtown Austin and the University of Texas campus to explore 150 years of architectural history and hidden artistic gems. You'll start downtown with an introduction to Austin's 31 year old Art in Public Places program then head to the beautiful 1886 Driskill Hotel on 6th Street. You'll get a chance to go in to this ornate landmark, learn how it came into being and some competitive histories for the buildings next door. Next, you'll ride up to the capital of Texas, in all its splendor, on your way to the University campus. Here you will have an introduction to the many museums and sculptures on campus. You'll discuss the iconic, innovative, and rumor laden history of the Main Building tower and visit an installation by the great James Turrell. On the way back, you will visit the Bremond block of wonderfully preserved Victorian houses before you round off the trip with the modern structures of the Federal Courthouse and City Hall. Come experience for yourself how Austin has preserved its structural history while still moving forward as a city of the future.
This is a 3 hour tour. It is recommended that guests arrive 15 minutes early for an orientation before hitting the road. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes for biking and it is suggested to bring a bottle of water. The tour operator provides comfortable bikes with gears and hand brakes as well as a helmet which is optional.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
Same as departure
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Austin Bike Tours and Rentals in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.