All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed February 8, 2017
What You'll Get
Take a ride through downtown Austin and the University of Texas campus to explore 150 years of architectural history and hidden artistic gems. You'll start downtown with an introduction to Austin's 31 year old Art in Public Places program then head to the beautiful 1886 Driskill Hotel on 6th Street. You'll get a chance to go in to this ornate landmark, learn how it came into being and some competitive histories for the buildings next door. Next, you'll ride up to the capital of Texas, in all its splendor, on your way to the University campus. Here you will have an introduction to the many museums and sculptures on campus. You'll discuss the iconic, innovative, and rumor laden history of the Main Building tower and visit an installation by the great James Turrell. On the way back, you will visit the Bremond block of wonderfully preserved Victorian houses before you round off the trip with the modern structures of the Federal Courthouse and City Hall. Come experience for yourself how Austin has preserved its structural history while still moving forward as a city of the future.
This is a 3 hour tour. It is recommended that guests arrive 15 minutes early for an orientation before hitting the road. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes for biking and it is suggested to bring a bottle of water. The tour operator provides comfortable bikes with gears and hand brakes as well as a helmet which is optional.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Same as departure
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Austin Bike Tours and Rentals in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.