What You'll Get
Enter the National Gallery of Art and follow your guide through one of America’s best collections of artwork produced by Renaissance artists, French Impressionists, and great American painters. See works from Claude Monet, Raphael, Gilbert Stuart, and Edgar Degas, as well as more modern artists like Picasso, Pollock, Warhol, and O’Keefe, as you learn what’s really behind the creation of some of these pieces. Your guide will lead the way through the halls of the museum, telling stories, and stopping at famous works of art. Some pieces you’ll see on this tour include “Ginevra de’Benci” by Leonardo da Vinci, “Self Portrait” by Vincent Van Gogh, and “Woman with a Parasol” by Claude Monet. Listen as your guide fills you in on the techniques behind some of the paintings, as well as some of the history and scandals that happened because of them. You’ll also learn about the museum’s building which took just 100 years to transition from a nearly hollow building to the home of the US’s best art collections.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Notes: National Gallery and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- "Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Meeting Point: Meet by the Constitution Ave Entrance of the National Gallery of Art
601 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20565
Note: PLEASE ARRIVE 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO TOUR STAR TIME. Your guide will be there without a sign. The group tours consist of maximum 8 guests, so don’t look for a large group. Your guide’s name and phone number will be provided to you the day before your tour, please provide us with an email account that you’ll have access to during your trip and a phone number where your guide can contact you for any meeting point related matter.
2 to 2.5 hrs
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.