The 2 hour semi-private (8 Guest Maximum) guided museum tour will introduce visitors to the history of flight in the United States that eventually landed a man on the moon. Take one giant leap into the unique collection at the National Air and Space Museum, covering the United States’ world famous space program.
Highlights generally include (as long as not on loan or being restored):
-1903 Wright Flyer
-1909 Wright Military Flyer
-Spirit of St. Louis
-Jackie Cochran T-38 Talon
-Alan Shepard space suit
-Freedom 7 capsule
-Neil Armstrong space suit
-Apollo 11 Columbia capsule
-Filming model of Star Trek Enterprise
-Filming model of Star Wars X-Wing
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for their website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit: https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/now-view
Thank you for understanding.)
The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum doesn’t just cover extraterrestrial exploration. It covers everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. Learn what it's like to be an astronaut today with one of our expert guides – there’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to get the full experience. You’ll see the first plane to take flight as well as the Spirit of St. Louis. Check out objects that have been to the moon and back like Buzz Aldrin’s space suit, moon boots, the Apollo 11 Command Module, and real moon rocks. Discover the history of the world’s foremost space program and the technology and innovation that made it possible to land a man on the moon.
Highlights of the tour generally include:
— Wright Flyer (original)
— Neil Armstrong Apollo 11 spacesuit (original)
— Lunar Module (backup)
— John Glenn’s Mercury capsule (original)
— Charles Lindbergh’s Spirit of St. Louis (original)
— Chuck Yeager’s Bell X-1 (original)
— Hubble Telescope (test vehicle)
— Skylab, America’s 1st space station (backup)
— Space Shuttle’s mid deck (model)
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: Air & Space Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Small Group Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours DC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings