What You'll Get
Meet for this 2.5 hour, small-group tour at the National Museum of American History a little before your departure time. There are two departure times offered for this tour.
From a ragtag group of colonists to one of the world’s super powers, the United States has made quite a name for itself. The National Museum of American History traces this path through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword, and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers.
Plus, visit the extensive collection of first ladies’ gowns to the Greensboro lunch counter that embodies the Civil Rights Movement. This tour will help you to understand the exciting and oftentimes controversial history behind this vast country.
After 2.5-hours your guided tour of the museum ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Meeting Point: Meet by the fountain in front of Constitution Ave Entrance
1400 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20560
Note: PLEASE ARRIVE 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO TOUR STAR TIME. Your guide will be there without a sign. The group tours consist of maximum 8 guests, so don’t look for a large group. Your guide’s name and phone number will be provided to you the day before your tour, please provide us with an email account that you’ll have access to during your trip and a phone number where your guide can contact you for any meeting point related matter.
120 to 150 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.