On this 5 to 5.5 hour semi-private (8 Guest Maximum) guided combo tour, our local guide will discuss American history and shed light on why these DC landmarks are so important. Learn about the history of America through its most prominent national cemetery and museum during this all-encompassing combo excursion to the Arlington National Cemetery and National Museum of American History.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arlington National Cemetery, Entrance at Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington, VA 22211
Start at the Arlington National Cemetery, a sobering reminder of the realities of war. It’s a beautiful tribute to over 400,000 service members and their families buried there. Learn about the more famous tombs, like that of President John F. Kennedy. We’ll even explore a few surprising graves, like that of famed boxer Joe Louis. The cemetery is even home to memorials commemorating the disasters of space shuttles Columbia and Challenger.
Along with a few carefully selected residents like Audie Murphy, your engaging guide will take you to the Tomb of the Unknowns, you may even witness a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee, whose Arlington House we’ll visit, became one of the country’s largest national cemeteries.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of American History, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Between 12th and 14th Street, Washington DC, DC 20560
After a break for lunch, follow your guide to the National Museum of American History. From a ragtag group of colonists to one of the world’s super powers, the United States has made quite a name for itself. The National Museum of American History traces this path through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. Visit the extensive collection of first ladies’ gowns to the Greensboro lunch counter that embodies the Civil Rights Movement. This tour will help you to understand the exciting and oftentimes controversial history behind this vast country.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- We as ask that all guests bring a face mask. Outdoors masks are not mandatory, however for entry to certain venues it may be required. All indoor venues and museums still require masks to be worn when visiting inside and are currently mandatory.
- Semi-Private Walking Tour & Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
- Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
- Entry/Admission - Arlington National Cemetery
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA, USA
300 to 330 minutes
Smithsonian National Museum of American History, 1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.