What You'll Get
Start at the Arlington National Cemetery, a stunning tribute to over 400,000 service members and their families buried there. Learn about the more famous tombs, like those of President John F. Kennedy or of General William Sheridan. We’ll even explore a few surprising graves, like that of famed boxer Joe Louis. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee became one of the country’s largest national cemeteries.
Along with a few carefully selected residents like Audie Murphy, your engaging guide will take you to the Tomb of the Unknowns, you may even witness a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee, whose Arlington House we’ll visit, became one of the country’s largest national cemeteries.
After a break for lunch, follow your guide to the National Museum of American History, which traces the rise of the United States through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. By the end, you’ll understand a bit more clearly why the words American and patriot go hand in hand.
Highlights of this tour combination generally include the Tomb of the Unknowns, Gravesite of John F. Kennedy, Arlington House, home of Robert E. Lee, George Washington's Sword, The Star Spangled Banner, First Ladies’ Gowns, and Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Private Walking Tour & Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including Lunch Break)
- Private Transportation Included Between Tour Locations If Necessary
- Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Meeting Point: by the gates of the Arlington Cemetery Welcome Center
5 to 5.5 hrs
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.