What You'll Get
Enter the National Gallery of Art and follow your guide through one of America’s best collections of artwork produced by Renaissance artists, French Impressionists, and great American painters. See works from Claude Monet, Raphael, Gilbert Stuart, and Edgar Degas, as well as more modern artists like Picasso, Pollock, Warhol, and O’Keefe, as you learn what’s really behind the creation of some of these pieces. Your private guide will lead the way through the halls of the museum, telling stories, and stopping at famous works of art. Some pieces you’ll see on this tour include “Ginevra de’Benci” by Leonardo da Vinci, “Self Portrait” by Vincent Van Gogh, and “Woman with a Parasol” by Claude Monet. Listen as your guide fills you in on the techniques behind some of the paintings, as well as some of the history and scandals that happened because of them. You’ll also learn about the museum’s building which took just 100 years to transition from a nearly hollow building to the home of the US’s best art collections.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Notes: National Gallery and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Available Daily At 10Am And 1Pm
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
National Gallery of Art
2 to 2.5 hrs
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.