Get the most from your visit to DC’s Museums by taking this combo tour that mixes natural marvels with iconic artists. This 5 to 5.5 hour semi-private (8 Guest Maximum) guided museum combo tour will introduce you to the National Museum of Natural History and the National Gallery of Art to discover their most impressive pieces. Semi-private guided tour with a maximum of 8 travelers per booking.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, DC 20560
Start at the National Museum of Natural History where your guide will take you to visit the highlights of the collection, housed in a massive building that covers the area of 18 football fields. Gaze into the world-famous Hope Diamond, whose brilliant blue sparkle, and immodest size of 46 karats that captured the attention of former owner Marie Antoinette. Wander through the displays of gems and minerals, including the Dom Pedro Aquamarine, the world’s largest gem of its type, which glows brilliantly from within. Travel back in time to learn about death rituals while exploring real mummies from Ancient Egypt. Then step out of the past into the wild, exploring the mighty polar bears, elephants, and giraffes that roam across earth’s surface. From the land, jump into the sea at the Ocean Hall, where you’ll discover a live coral reef exhibit as well as a 45-ton whale, Phoenix, which is a replica of a real living what that the museum tracks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Gallery of Art, Constitution Ave NW 6th Street and Constitution Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
After a break for lunch, move to the National Gallery of Art and follow your guide through one of America’s best collections of artwork produced by Renaissance artists, French Impressionists, and great American painters. See works from Claude Monet, Raphael, Gilbert Stuart, Vincent Van Gough, and Edgar Degas, as well as more modern artists like Picasso, Pollock, Warhol, and O’Keefe, as you learn what’s really behind the creation of some of these pieces. Your guide leads the way through the halls of the museum, telling stories, and stopping at famous works of art. Some pieces you’ll see on this tour include Ginevra de’ Benci by Leonardo da Vinci, Self Portrait by Vincent Van Gogh, and Woman with a Parasol by Claude Monet. Listen as your guide fills you in on the techniques behind some of the paintings, as well as some of the history and scandals that happened because of them.
By the end, you’ll have experienced two of the Smithsonian’s most spectacular galleries in one convenient tour.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: National Museum of Natural History, National Gallery and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- SKIP-THE-LINE SEMI-PRIVATE MUSEUM TOUR
- SEMI-PRIVATE" MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 8 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- DURATION 5 - 5.5 HOURS
- Entry/Admission - Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Entry/Admission - National Gallery of Art
- Entry/Admission - Babylon Tours Washington D.C.
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
300 to 330 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.