On this 5 hour private guided museum combo tour, your energetic guide will show you the best that these palatial museums have to offer. There’s no more efficient or engaging way to experience the best of New York’s museums than on this epic combo tour. Spend a day browsing the art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art before moving to the scientific marvels at the American Museum of Natural History on a private tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0198
Start with the Met and its roughly 2 million works of art and artifacts covering everything from Ancient Egypt to modern art. From the Great Hall, you’ll visit the museum’s most important galleries. Pass through the Medieval Europe Gallery on your way to the Studiolo from the Ducal Palace. Explore armory from the Middle Ages, including pieces worn by Henry VIII. The American wing hosts the staircase from the Chicago Stock Exchange as well as the famed portrait of Washington crossing the Delaware. A host of European painters including Vermeer, Picasso, and Van Gogh awaits you as you learn about their troubled yet exciting lives.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: American Museum of Natural History, 79th Street Central Park West, New York City, NY 10024
After a break for lunch (at your own expense), check out a few of the 33 million objects housed in the American Museum of Natural History, covering basically all of Earth’s history. Begin with the museum itself as you learn about its history in the majestic Roosevelt Rotunda. Your guide will then reveal how the dioramas are made as you explore the giant African mammals of the Akeley Hall.
Then move towards the dinosaur exhibits where you’ll explore some of the most complete collections of dinosaur skeletons in the world. From the gargantuan Titanosaur to the more familiar T-Rex, you’ll feel like a kid again as you learn their stories. You’ll then move on to hear about the North American Forests, featuring the giant Sequoia, before gazing up at the giant Blue Whale hanging overhead in the Hall of Ocean Life. Visit some American mammals as you learn about the National Parks of the United States. Finally, blast off beyond our orbit in the Rose Center for Earth and Space to feel unbelievably insignificant facing the mysteries of the cosmos.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Babylon Tours New York City, New York City, NY 10022
The yellow taxis, the soaring skyscrapers, the street-side hot dog vendors – you think you know New York City already, right? We’re not so sure. Our English-speaking local guides know the city inside out and can share the stories behind the landmarks that you’ve seen on TV already. Whether it’s a historical overview of the colonial days in Lower Manhattan or a cultural romp through the 19th century marvel, Central Park, our tours go beyond the clichés. We’ll delight you with fun yet informative stories to make New York come alive. Take a bite out of the Big Apple with Babylon Tours and see how good it tastes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Notes: The Met museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including Lunch Break)
- Wheelchair Friendly
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Entry/Admission - American Museum of Natural History
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
American Museum of Natural History, 200 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.