Ever wondered what an urban winery looks like and how it operates? Curious about why early brewers first decided to cultivate hops as a superior alternative for brewing beer than other flowering plants? Want to know why whiskey producers use copper stills to distil flavorful spirits from sour mash? Kansas city has seen an explosion of interest in craft beers, fine wines, and small production spirits in recent years, and larger numbers of people than ever before have started asking themselves these questions. This tour offers you the opportunity to answer some of these questions and more during a five-hour adventure trekking across Kansas City's urban core and outlying areas discovering what's happening in the urban wine scene.
This exclusive KC winery tour starts at the Ollie's Local, from there you will head to the minibus for a short drive to you first official winery location. The tour operator maintains partnerships with an ever-expanding portfolio of wineries and producers located within and around Kansas City and rotates among three select establishments to ensure variety and diversity throughout the trip. At each stop, you will taste a minimum of three different wines - both red and white - with additional pourings available at select locations. If you find something you want to take home, go ahead and purchase it! Each vehicle comes with a shared cooler holding water and small snacks and space to store wine throughout the day.
After visiting three select wineries and hearing the stories of these small business and the process by which they make wine, you will be dropped off back in central KC at your vehicle to make your way home from there. Don't forget to make arrangements for a ride home - this tour promotes learning and moderation while maintaining a safe environment throughout the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Private Tours and dates available upon request.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Fully narrated tour
- 3+ wine tastings at three wineries
- Water and small snacks
- Transportation between stops
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and additional wine (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Barley Bus Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.