Ever wondered what an urban winery looks like and how it operates? Curious about why early brewers first decided to cultivate hops as a superior alternative for brewing beer than other flowering plants? Want to know why whiskey producers use copper stills to distil flavorful spirits from sour mash? Kansas city has seen an explosion of interest in craft beers, fine wines, and small production spirits in recent years, and larger numbers of people than ever before have started asking themselves these questions. This tour offers you the opportunity to answer some of these questions and more during a four-hour adventure trekking across Kansas City's urban core and outlying areas discovering what's happening in the craft beer and spirits world.
The tour starts at Ollie's Local, a true neighborhood bar known for quality drinks, a modest, down to earth attitude, and a killer jukebox. After meeting your affable, friendly driver/guide and grabbing a quick optional pint at your own expense, you will head to the bus to meet the rest of the group and head out on your trip. This tour can vary between trips depending on your interest and guide's individual discretion in regards to the best stops for each specific groups - some groups prefer stopping on two breweries and a single distillery, others want to focus specifically on just beer. Each group will decide how to best allocate the three stops you will make throughout the day.
After visiting three select breweries and/or distilleries spread throughout central Kansas City, you will head back downtown for a central drop off and preferred mode of safe transportation back to you local home, hotel, or local vacation rental.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 21 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Fully narrated tour
- 3 beer samples at three select establishments
- Water and small snacks
- Transportation between stops
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and additional wine (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Barley Bus Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.