What You'll Get
Led by a local guide, this 3-hour San Francisco bike tour is a great sightseeing activity for all ages and biking levels. You’ll follow a mostly flat route along San Francisco Bay’s scenic northern waterfront before crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.
Depart in the morning or afternoon from Fisherman’s Wharf, where your guide outfits you with a proper bike, helmet and any necessary equipment for the ride. Then hop on your bicycle and pedal to nearby Aquatic Park Cove, part of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.
Cycle down the pier and snap pics of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island before moving on to Fort Mason Center. The buildings of this former US Army post, a National Historic Landmark, are now used as a cultural and educational complex.
From here, pedal up a steep but short path that flattens out toward the Marina Green, located in the Marina District. While you cycle past opulent homes, enjoy a scenic panorama that includes the Palace of Fine Arts, Angel Island and the bridge as your backdrop.
Arriving at Crissy Field, also part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, glimpse shorebirds inside the restored marsh. From Fort Point, gaze up at the red towers of the bridge and prepare to cross the 3.6-mile (5.8-km) route, which follows a wide path for bicycles. You’ll be rewarded on the other side at Vista Point, including views of the city skyline.
At the end of your guided tour you can continue your biking adventure at your own pace for the rest of the day. You'll be provided with a cycle path map to help guide you around San Francisco and nearby coastal areas, including the picturesque town of Sausalito — renowned for its wide selection of restaurants and cafes, perfect for when hunger kicks in.
For a more challenging bike ride, follow the recommended route on the map and head up to the Marin Headlands. If city biking is your forte, use a ferry ticket for your return to San Francisco, where you can follow the map and continue to explore the city. Points of interest include the Presidio, Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- 3-hour guided bike tour with tour guide
- Visit to Golden Gate Bridge
- All day bike and equipment rental
- Current Year BEYOND The City bicycles, equip with handlebar bag, map & map-holder, water bottle holder, lock, rear rack, bungee.
- Helmets are included with every rental
- Optional ferry ticket (13.50 USD; payable to supplier at time of travel)
- Optional electric bike upgrade ($35 USD payable to supplier at time of travel)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Tour departs from Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
10am (All Year) or 1pm (March-October)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bay City Bike in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.