Embark on a 1-hour journey into Belle Meade Plantation, with its brand new Journey to Jubilee historic tour. Join us as we take a step back in time to examine the lives and stories of the African Americans who were enslaved, and later employed, at Belle Meade with intentional respect and empathy. Our Journey to Jubilee tour is intended to honor the legacy and sacrifices of the individuals held in legal bondage on this property from 1807 until emancipation in 1865, as well as to explore the complexities of their new freedom in the post-Civil War years. Using a unique approach that includes reading aloud from primary sources, touring specific rooms of the house, and engaging dialogue with the audience, this experience creates a forum for exploring the history of slavery in a new way. Enjoy a Complimentary Wine Tasting after your tour, as well as access to the self-guided grounds.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belle Meade Plantation, 5025 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205-2810
Belle Meade Plantation has a new tour! Journey to Jubilee follows the first African-Americans who were brought to Belle Meade in 1807, and shows how vital their presence was to the existence of the property and to the family until 1906. These men and women were here from enslavement to freedom. They endured, and we want to honor them by telling their story. In this tour, nearly one-hundred years of their history is explored through the research of primary sources. Come trace their existence through the history of Belle Meade Plantation on their Journey to Jubilee.
After your guided tour, enjoy a complimentary wine tasting at our beautiful winery. The grounds at Belle Meade are self-guided and are available to explore both before and after the tour. Today Belle Meade Plantation retains 34 acres of its original property and several outbuildings including the Mansion and original homestead. Today’s site functions as an educational resource dedicated to the preservation of Tennessee’s Victorian architecture, history and equestrian history.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Parking on site is free
- Arrive 15 minutes before your tour time and redeem your voucher at our Visitor Service desk. They will direct you to your tour
- Due to the intensity of the subject matter and our interpretive approach, this tour is limited to those age 12 and older.
- Takes place outside and inside the Mansion. Involves walking and several sets of stairs.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- 1-Hour Guided Journey to Jubilee Tour
- Complimentary Wine Tasting
- Professional Guide
- Access to the Grounds of Belle Meade Plantation
- Free On-Site Parking
- Entry/Admission - Belle Meade Plantation
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Belle Meade Plantation in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.