"Sketch and the City" has been running immersive sketching experiences in New York City for over 2 years. Highly acclaimed with over 500 five star reviews on multiple platforms this experience will allow you to uncover your own creativity and see New York City in a whole new way!
No drawing experience is necessary. The focus of the experience is on the experience of drawing itself rather than on the end result. This opens the experience to people of all backgrounds, ages and abilities and makes it a fun and inspiring experience for everyone.
Hosted by New York based artist Ben Ponté this experience emphasizes sketching as a way of seeing the city anew. The group atmosphere encourages a personal and unique response in a supportive and fun environment.
Great for everyone: locals, visitors, couples, singles, families, kids or as a corporate team building exercise... Come along and see New York City in new and imaginative ways!
What You'll Get
Beginners & families welcome!
This is a great rainy/snow day activity!
We meet in the visually stunning Grand Central Terminal for an intro & some warm up sketching exercises. I introduce some philosophy of drawing, share a few of my sketchbooks & hand out sketchbooks to the group.
We then sketch our way through Grand Central, exploring the main concourse & some hidden architectural surprises. We head outside to 42nd Street to take in some classic NYC street scenes, the facade of Grand Central & the Art Deco elegance of the Chrysler Building. We then sketch our way toward 5th Ave & Bryant Park, sketching the New York Public Library, the midtown New Yorkers and/or the Empire State Building.
On cold or rainy days we explore & sketch the hidden inside halls of Grand Central Terminal.
One of the amazing things about this experience is that guests come from all around the world to share in the creative process. Whether you are an artist yourself or have not drawn since childhood, this is a great way to fully engage with the city, connect with both visitors & New Yorkers, and share your unique vision of NYC!
All guests receive their own pocket sketchbook, pencil and sharpener :)
• Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
• Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington and 42nd St., New York City, NY 10174
• New York Public Library, 476 5th Ave New York, NY 10018, New York City, NY 10018
• Empire State Building, 20 West 34th Street, New York City, NY 10118-0114
• Bryant Park, between 40th and 42nd Streets & Fifth and Sixth Ave, New York City, NY 10017
• Times Square, Broadway, New York City, NY 10036
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Pocket Sketchbook, pencil, sharpener, tuition
Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sketch and the City in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.