Explore the rugged Alaskan wilderness on your own 4WD ATV machine. Join your guide for a personal tour of the backcountry, basking in the surrounding scenery while traversing dry creek beds and dirt paths on an off-road adventure. Your 3-hour excursion includes a hearty meal — the perfect refuel before you hop back on board the ATV for a thrilling return to your starting point. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Healy are included.
About This Deal
Enjoy complimentary transport from your Healy hotel or make your own way to Black Diamond Resort Co to begin your 4WD ATV adventure.
Meet your guide, who provides you with a safety training and information course. Go over all the functions of your vehicle, get fitted with a helmet, safety goggles, gloves, and optional rain gear then hop on board the ATV for a trial run. If you prefer not to drive your own ATV, you can join the guide as a passenger aboard their 2-person machine. Then, it’s time to head into the Alaskan wilderness.
Journey into the back country, traversing old mining trails that spill out onto the Dry Creek River Bed — an excavation site for Athabascan Indian artifacts. Stop to explore an abandoned cabin across the river, breathe in the fresh mountain air and make your way up Black Diamond Peak for spectacular views of the entire Healy Valley. Your guide fills you in on local history, flora, and fauna along the way.
Break from your off-road excitement for a hearty, back country meal. Settle in for either a full-service lumberjack breakfast with fresh-baked biscuits and gravy, thick-cut bacon, and flapjacks, or dishes that include ribs, steak, chicken and fresh salmon, depending on the time of day. Juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and adult beverages are also available.
Afterward, climb back on board your ATV machine for a wild ride back to your starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Round-trip hotel transport (if option selected)
- Use of helmet, safety goggles, gloves and optional rain gear
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Black Diamond Resort Co in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.