Discover the story of Blue Bee Cider with a one-hour tour and tasting. Learn how we became Virginia’s first urban cidery and create artisan cider in a historic revitalized stables complex from the 1940s. Meet the Blue Bee staff, get a behind-the-scenes look at our unique property, and experience our hard ciders in a guided tasting.
About This Deal
Blue Bee Cider, Virginia’s first urban cidery, is located in the historic Scott’s Addition district of Richmond, VA. There are three tour times available, depending on the day: 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm. During the one-hour tour and tasting, you will learn about the history of our cidery and the process of cidermaking.
Our ciders are made with rare and heirloom variety Virginia apples that are prized for their tannin, acidity, and flavor. One of Virginia’s native bees (the Blue Orchard/Mason Bee), provided the inspiration for the cidery’s name. These hardworking bees are solitary and wild, emerging early in the cool spring just in time to pollinate apple blossoms.
After the tour and tasting is completed, we invite you to stay and enjoy the ambience of Blue Bee Cider.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the tour will take place both inside and outside, and in both temperature-controlled and non-controlled areas
- Please notify Blue Bee Cider if you have any accessibility needs
- Children ages 5 and under: Free
- Certified service dogs are allowed on the tours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Licensed tour guide
- Tasting included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Blue Bee Cider in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.