Few neighborhoods in America combine such delicious cuisine with such fascinating history as Chicago’s Chinatown. Join Bobby’s Bike Hike, America’s longest running city bicycle tour company, whose walking tours have been recognized nationally by National Geographic, USA Today, and Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, for an afternoon of interesting beats and scrumptious eats through Chinatown. On this 2.5-hour walking tour, you’ll see the bustling Chinatown Square, then get to sampling some of the richest cuisine around, including Cantonese dim sum and tea, Portuguese-Chinese bakery treats, Szechuan chicken, and Mongolian hot pot, all the while learning about the history of how these foods and cultures arrived in Chicago. This is a totally unique culinary tour experience, and not to be missed! Add a VIP Drink option for alcoholic and ethnic drink pairings at several stops!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chicago Chinatown, 318 W Cermak Rd, Chicago, IL 60616-1916
Highlights of your tour include:
Wentworth Avenue, the main artery of Chicago’s Chinatown district, and home to some of the most popular shopping and dining in the area.
Cantonese cuisine comes from the southeastern region of Guangdong, formerly known as Canton. The Cantonese were some of the first Chinese to emigrate to the United States and their influence is seen in most American Chinese restaurants today.
Dim sum is a traditional Cantonese appetizer, served in small bite-sized portions in steamer baskets. When paired with tea, dim sum makes for a complete Chinese brunch.
Chinese tea, the other component of a dim sum brunch, is world-famous. China has been growing tea leaves for centuries and has a rich tradition of refined tea flavors.
Portuguese-Chinese bakery treats come from the Portuguese Macau territory of China, and combine traditional and colonial flavors.
Xi’an cuisine comes from the northwestern city of Xi’an, one of China’s ancient dynastic capitals. It is rare in the United States, a special delicacy in Chicago’s Chinatown.
Lao Sze Chuan is one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in the United States, opened by celebrity chef Tony Hu, who is lovingly regarded as the unofficial mayor of Chicago’s Chinatown.
Sichuan chicken is made with famous Sichuan chili peppers, which are popular in dishes from every region of China.
Chinatown Square is a two-story outdoor mall in the center of Chicago’s Chinatown, packed with popular shopping and dining.
Mongolian hot pot centers on a large cauldron of broth placed in the center of the table. Once the broth comes to a boil guests dip thinly sliced meats and vegetables in the broth then pair with dipping sauce for a truly unique culinary experience.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - (with purchase of VIP upgrade)
- Gratuity for guide (15-20% suggested, Venmo and PayPal available)
Lao Sze Chuan, 2172 S Archer Ave, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Yummy Yummy Noodles, 2334 S Wentworth Ave UNIT 105, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bobby's Bike Hike in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.