All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed April 19, 2016
What You'll Get
- Kona Coffee Farm - See Production & Sample Coffee
- City of Refuge - Pu`uhonua O Hōnaunau National Historical Park
- Beautiful White Sand Beach
- Kona Chocolate Factory- See Production & Sample Chocolates
- Kealakekua Bay & Captain Cook Monument
- Scenic Look Outs
- South Kona Rainforest
- Optional Snorkel at Kahalu'u Beach, Shop on Alii Dr. or return back to ship.
There are plenty of tasty treats to discover in and around sunny Kailua-Kona. As we make our way through this rugged landscape of old lava fields we enter into Kealakekua which hosts one of the most pristine bays on the Big Island and is rich with historical events. Across the Kealakekua Bay is the Captain Cook Monument put in place for the British explorer Captain James Cook who met his death with the local Hawaiians in this very place. Down the street a bit is the Painted Church, or as it is nick named because Father John painted the interior of the church with 3D depictions from the 1800’s.
Next to visit is Puuhonua O Honaunau also known as the city of refuge and is the most famous and best preserved of Hawaii’s ancient places of refuge on the Big Island of Hawaii. At the park, you’ll encounter canoe builders constructing an outrigger canoe the way it was built in ancient times. There are demonstrations of traditional Hawaiian games, including spear throwing competitions. Examine a massive L-shaped wall, built around 1550 from thousands of lava rocks, which separated the chief’s home from the puuhonua. Inside this 1,000-foot-long wall are fine examples of temples and homes of old Hawaii.
Now let’s go taste some sweet and buttery chocolates at the chocolate factory where your samples come right off the production line. Gourmet Chocolates made right in front of you. Brittles & Hot Sauces too! As we make our way back we will pass some lovely white sand beaches that spot the Kailua Kona area.
To top everything off everyone is welcome to choose how they would like to finish their tour. Yep, that’s right, this tour has an optional ending and not everyone in your group has to do the same. First option would be to snorkel at Turtle Beach for about 1hr. If you decide to snorkel please remember your bathing suit and towel and a few dollars to rent snorkel gear from the vendors at the beach. Option 2 would be to shop on Alii Dr. which have many local shops and fun things to bring home. Option 3 ….If you just had enough chocolates and goodies and don’t want to snorkel or shop we will take you back to the ship and you don’t have to wait around for everyone else.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Dress comfortable - It is usually hot and sunny
- If your ship does not arrive due to weather- You will be fully refunded
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled Water
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Lunch (stop is made to purchase )
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Optional:Snorkel Gear is available for rent at Turtle Beach. Please also bring towel and bathing suit if you choose this option
Near the Kailua Kona Pier
Please plan to be at the designated departure location at least 10-15 minutes before the departure time listed
10am (unless otherwise stated)
Drop off at Kailua Kona Pier
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the C Big Island LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.