· Redeemed February 18, 2018
· Redeemed December 30, 2017
· Redeemed December 29, 2017
What You'll Get
The Volcanoes National Park Tour highlights some of the Big Islands most precious gems such as our Rainforest Waterfalls, Orchid Flowers, Volcanically made Black Sand Beaches, Craters, Lava Tubes and much more!
This tour starts with a convenient pick up directly from the Hilo pier. As you settle into our comfortable small group vehicles we first pass through the historic town of Hilo and stop by a breathtaking 80 ft waterfall, Rainbow Falls. We then make our way to the summit of Kilauea volcano, in which sits The Volcanoes National Park. Once inside the Volcanoes National Park we walk through the cave like Thurston Lava Tube, Pier down into large craters and views the frozen black lava fields. Down the road just a bit are steaming vents and sulfur banks coming from the depths of the volcano. As we travel on, we then get to look into one of the largest craters and within it is a smoking pit. We then explore the Jagger Museum that shows many different types of lava formations, live seismographs and historical artifacts used by the first volcanologist. Our next stop will be the Akatsuka Orchid garden that displays more than 500 orchids and there are some that cost more than $20,000 dollars! Hawaii is one of the largest producers of macadamia nuts, and we get to drive through the orchard and visit the farm. Here you can see the production and you get to taste many different types of flavored macadamia nuts. The macadamia nut farm also has a great parlor to purchase sandwiches, hot dogs and best of all, Coconut Macadamia nut Ice Cream! After satisfying our taste of goodies at the macadamia nut farm our last stop is Richardson Black Sand Beach where we can usually spot some sea turtles. The Black Sand Beach is a is a local favorite and is a great way to see how our ocean and volcanoes make fine black sand.
“Volcano National Park ” is approximately 5.5-6 hours from start to finish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour can only be booked by cruise passengers arriving to Hilo Port
- Free Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat - Considered to be a lap child
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide ship name
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain, possible gravel, lava or uneven ground. Comfortable walking shoes & light jacket recommended
- We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Hilo Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details
- Exact departure time may vary depending on the cruise ship's disembarkation time
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- What to bring/wear: Walking shoes, light sweater, camera, hat, sunglasses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Stop is made to purchase food
Check-in 9:45am, depart 10am
*This is subject to change due to some ship's itinerary
Return Time 3:30pm - 4pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the C Big Island LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.