Walter "Butch" Guchereau, a Native of Breaux Bridge, La. put himself through college to earn degrees in botany and zoology by working summers on dredge boats located on the Mississippi and Atchafalaya River systems. He learned how the rivers, bayous, wetland areas, man’s interventions and coastal erosion are all intertwined and constantly changing. Adding a life time of hunting and fishing in the swamps you have a great recipe for a swamp tour guide. This knowledge pass to our guides; Shawn, his son and close friend, Bob Gary, insure to you the best value for your dollar on a swamp tour. Shawn has 9 years touring and Bob has 6 years touring experience. Our tour boats are built by local cajun craftsman and design to get you off the beaten path and on the road less traveled. They are highly maneuverable and designed to easily carry a lot of weight in shallow water which will get you some great picture opportunities. Come enjoy our passion and Joie de Vivre (Joy of Life).
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Martin Rookery, Rookary Road, Lafayette, LA 70517
Our accredited experience local guide will greet you in the parking lot under the Cajun Country Swamp Tours banner. Then skillfully take you through the Cypress/Tupelo Swamp in a locally built authentic cajun crawfish skiff. He will relate to you the natural history of the area as you view and are informed about alligators, turtles, anhinga, osprey and other wildlife as you slowly trek through cypress trees adorned with spanish moss. Folk lore, personal encounters, and legends may also arose your imagination.
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- person weight restriction 240 lbs max
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Bottled water - cold bottled water provided FREE during the warmer months May to October
- Life jackets are provided for everyone on boat.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cajun Country Swamp Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.