Learn to surf in beautiful Santa Barbara! Your expert instructor will teach you how to stand up on your board and ride the perfect wave, offering tips on balance while ensuring your safety. All skill levels are welcome, and equipment rental is included. This Southern California city offers great outdoor activities like surfing year-round.
About This Deal
You'll want to prepare to drive 20 mintues south of Santa Barbara for the best possible surfing experience. You'll meet your instructor at our surf van located at the beach where you'll get suited up in a wetsuit, grab a long board, and walk to the sand for beach instruction. After some brief teaching on surf safety, etiquette, and technique we'll rush into the ocean to catch you some waves! Your instructor will be coaching you and pushing you into waves to make the experience a memory that will last!
Our lessons are private so you or your group will have their own instructor and personalized experience.
The majority of our lessons are for first timers which is why our lessons include: a surfboard, wetsuit, and 90 minutes of private instruction. Typically, lessons are taught at beaches with a sandy bottom and gentle waves just a few miles south of Santa Barbara.
Please note: You must know how to swim in order to surf with us. There is a high probability that you won't have to swim during your lesson but as a safety precaution, we ask that everyone surfing with us knows how to swim.
Please note that gratuities are not included in the cost of the lesson.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants MUST be able to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides are required to wear masks at the shop and rental stand but as soon as tours and lessons begin it is extremely easy to maintain a safe distance and the use of masks will only happen if requested by the client.
- 1.5-hour lesson
- Expert instructor
- Use of equipment (surfboard, wetsuit)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cal Coast Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.