You will visit the top privately-owned public open spaces in San Francisco, with rooftop views of the Palace Hotel, Hobart Building, Hearst Building, and more. A knowledgeable guide will tell you about the legends and lore surrounding San Francisco’s “Times Square,” once home to three of the city’s major newspapers. Along the way we’ll test your knowledge of architecture and San Francisco History. We’ll end the tour with a visit San Francisco’s tallest publicly accessible rooftop (POPOS), where you’ll have a panoramic view of downtown.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ferry Building Marketplace, 1 Ferry Building The Embarcadero at Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94111-4209
Elevated view of Ferry Building.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Transamerica Pyramid, 600 Montgomery St Financial District, San Francisco, CA 94111-2702
You will have an elevated, rooftop view of this landmark.
Stop At: Crocker Galleria, 50 Post St b/t Lick Pl & Kearny St, Financial District, San Francisco, CA 94104-4546
You will walk inside this indoor courtyard with rooftop views from each side.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco City Hall, 1 Carlton B Goodlett Pl, San Francisco, CA 94102-9991
You will have a view of this landmark from the city's highest public rooftop.
Pass By: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), 151 3rd St Enter on Howard or Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103-3107
You will have a rooftop view of this site from the highest publicly open rooftop in the city.
Stop At: Hallidie Building, 130 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
You will have a stop at this spot with a view from a nearby rooftop.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Public transportation pass provided
Embarcadero Plaza, Market St &, Steuart St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the California Preservation Foundation in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.