What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Choose from multiple departure times to meet your guide at in Canmore for an introduction to the day, to collect your caving equipment and complete the liability waiver. This is a wild cave tour - meaning that the cave has not been developed in any way beyond adding a number of safety features. You will climb crawl, wiggle and slide your way through the cave over rough, natural terrain. The smallest space you are required to negotiate on tour is approximately the size of a manhole cover. A number of smaller "squeezes" are optional for extra challenge along the way.
There is very little water in the cave, with no risk of flooding, but please be prepared to get a little bit dirty - that's part of the fun!
Guests are provided with:
• Caving Helmet with Light
• Coveralls, Kneepads, and Gloves
• Safety Harness (maximum size: 46" waist, 33" leg)
• Backpack per 2 people
Guests are asked to bring:
• Sturdy, Closed-toe footwear (hiking shoes/boots or sturdy running shoes)
• Long-sleeved, warm layers for in the cave. Underground temperature is 5ºC (41ºF) year-round.
• Clothing for a 30-40 minute hike and appropriate for the outside weather (i.e. rain jacket)
• 1L (1qt) of water and pocket-sized snacks.
Once introductions have been made and you've collected your equipment, follow your guide in convoy for a 10-minute drive to the cave parking lot where you’ll pack up your caving gear and then hike for 30 minutes up a beautiful mountain trail to the cave entrance.
Along the trail, your guide will explain the geology of the area, how caves are formed, and show you fossils to examine up close. Keep an eye out for bighorn sheep or maybe spot a bear or a cougar. At the cave, you will suit up and receive brief instruction from your guide before heading in. Once inside the cave, you’ll get to climb, crawl, slither and get muddy. Soon after entering the cave you’ll go through the “Box” then on to the Five Way Chamber, the Grand Gallery and finally to the Grotto, a chamber full of stalactites and stalagmites with a crystal clear pool at the bottom of the cave. With each twist and turn, you will be amazed by the depth and beauty these caves have to offer, all while challenging yourself in a safe and fun environment.
Your tour concludes in the parking lot after an easy hike down the mountain trail.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum numbers apply (minimum 2). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Caving is a moderately strenuous activity. Guests should be prepared to hike uphill for 30-40 minutes on a mountain trail, in addition to climbing, crawling, squeezing, and sliding through the cave. All participants must wear a helmet as well as a safety harness which has a maximum waist size of 46" (116 cm) and a maximum leg size of 33" (84 cm)
- Not recommended for pregnant women beyond their first trimester
- All activities
- Expert guide
- All caving equipment
- Bottled water (reusable container that is yours to keep)
- Snack Bar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be arranged via taxi with advance notice)
- Transportation to/from attractions (transportation can be arranged via taxi with advance notice)
4 hours 30 minutes
Concludes at Canmore Cave Tours parking lot
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canmore Caverns Ltd. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY. ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.