Experience the full story of the wetlands in a eco-friendly low impact way. Kayak through a true swamp surrounded by large cypress tree covered in Spanish Moss . Our top rated kayak guides will stop along the way to tell you all about the diverse ecosystems in south Louisiana.
Follow our guide down a natural bayou through a natural Louisiana swamp. Along the way your guide will pause to give detailed info about the bayous, swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco systems. At the mid way point, we will enjoy stop and enjoy the surroundings. Depending on the season wildlife consists of ibises, egrets, herons, eagles, alligators, turtles, and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the living and dead cypress trees visible from the bayou.
Reservations are required, if you do not use our transportation detailed driving directions will be emailed in the confirmation email. We currently use a public launch near Laplace, La.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manchac, Manchac, Louisiana
A TRUE SWAMP JUST OUTSIDE NEW ORLEANS
The Manchac wetlands are bordered on the east by Lake Pontchartrain. On the north, the wetlands surround Lake Maurepas and then extend towards Baton Rouge. The southern border is the high ground that parallels the Mississippi River. Interstates I 10 and I 55 slice through the wetlands mostly on elevated sections. The forested wetlands cover approximately 200 square miles where the ground is neither high and dry nor under water. Foot travel through these woods would be extremely difficult.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Per paddler weight limit of 240 lbs
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Kayaks and all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Water is provided but feel free to grab a snack at the rest stop before the paddle begins.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
628 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
3 to 4 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canoe & Trail Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.