Let Us Feast Together!
Insider Food + History Tour + Foodie Tour + Walking Tour + more food
with a Local Food Writer/Tea Sommelier/Chef Insider
We will walk historical Chinatown & explore the sights and sounds enroute to eat traditional barbecue, bone broth, steamed buns, hand pulled noodles, meat prepared with spices,seafood, desserts....
I am a chef, food lover & tea sommelier who grew up in Toronto's original Chinatown in my Chinese grandfather's rooming house, where we ate from-farm-to-table, including raising live chickens in the basement. I am a world traveler- from Afghanistan to the Yucatan- using inspirations from my Canadian-Chinese roots, I fuse the flavors of both East and West in my culinary adventures. I have been featured at supper clubs & chef talks.I have written a series of e-cookbooks and a magazine celebrating tea and culinary foods.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinatown, Spadina and Dundas (From Queen to College and east and west of Spadina), Toronto, Ontario M5T 2E9 Canada
The first Chinese immigrants settled at Dundas & Elizabeth streets; the Ward. This historic area was teeming with immigrants, and their cultures contributed to the multicultural fabric of Toronto today. On our walk, we will explore those early sites, which are now populated by new waves of Asian influences, bringing innovative foods, as well as giving homage to the pioneers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Toronto City Hall 100 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2N1 Canada
This is where the first immigrants settled before being forced to move out for the building of the first City Hall
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: The AGO, Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas St W, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1G4 Canada
We will be walking from the original Chinatown to the establishment of the 2 nd wave of new immigrants in the 1970's. We will pass by the Art Gallery of Ontario new facade designed by Frank Gehry in contrast with the local buildings built 1880's.
Pass By: Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario Canada
We will be entering the second Chinatown by Spadina Avenue originally settled by the first Jewish immigrants and bordering Kensinton Market.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum 2 person booking or if single join another existing group/ contact host
- Not for travelers with mobility issues
- Not for vegans or non gluten, We can accommodate vegetarians
- Not for guests with serious food allergies as there maybe cross contamination in the kitchen preparation
- Most travelers can participate
- Have a light breakfast toast with coffee/tea as you will be eating full meals
- Please let me know if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions. We cannot accommodate nut, seafood allergies or vegan.
- If you use an epi-pen please bring it. We are not responsible for dealing with medical emergencies beyond our control.
- On a hot day, please bring a bottle of water. We provide tea at the restaurants.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please note bookings only for people within your social circle accepted ie friends, family This will be limited and it will affect dining options. Face masks required to be worn by guests. During covid tours would be smaller, curated as per public health policies to protect guests and public.
- Lunch - Local & Authentic due to covid switch from family style to individual plates types of savory & sweet foods, b-b-que meats,Lamian- hand pulled noodles, desserts mochi, creamy egg tarts, red bean.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks
610 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5G 1M5, Canada
Lucky Moose Food Mart, 393 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G6, Canada
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Explore Chinatown Food Walk & Feast in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.