Experience a culinary exploration in one of DC’s iconic neighborhoods. Here, you will discover what makes U Street so delicious. This adventure will satisfy your stomach and leave you excited to explore more of our delicious city.
As you stroll through these famous streets, you can learn how music has shaped the culture starting with ‘Black Broadway’ and the jazz era. You’ll learn about other great eats, how the architecture has shaped the city, and the ways the neighborhood has evolved over the last century.
Explore one of DC's great neighborhoods and go on a culinary adventure. Whether you are looking for somewhere to take a date, or out of town guests, this food tour will satisfy all appetites.
Please indicate any food allergies when booking.
A portion of each ticket sale is donated to Bread For The City, an organization who provides food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services to reduce the burden of poverty for DC residents.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: U Street, Washington DC, DC
Our tour will take place predominantly along the U St corridor, which is rich with history. We'll stop in several places between restaurants to share the history and culture of this diverse neighborhood.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U St NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-4442
We'll stop outside of Lincoln Theater and speak briefly about the history of the building and events that have happened there.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: African American Civil War Memorial & Museum, 1925 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20001-4125
We'll point out the African American Civil War Memorial, outside of the Civil War Museum. We encourage everyone to return and explore the memorial and the museum on your own time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local/professional guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - An alcoholic beverage will be included at one of the stops
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1213 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
1405 T St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Carpe DC Food Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.