Once a thriving port town, Georgetown is DC’s oldest neighborhood and still reveals glimpses of mule-drawn boats and flour mills. Discover Georgetown's cosmopolitan past, where people from every continent and many religions lived together and built an eclectic culinary community. More than just a premier shopping destination, Georgetown has a delicious and culturally-diverse history.
The tour will stop at several restaurants during the three-hour tour. Between food tastings, your guide will stop and share the unique history of the Georgetown neighborhood along the way. We provide more than just a sampling of random delicious bites; our guides use the tastings we offer to help tell the story of the neighborhood that you explore with us. This is a small-group tour of no more than 8.
A portion of each ticket sale is donated to Bread For The City, an organization who provides food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services to reduce the burden of poverty for DC residents.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Georgetown, Washington DC, DC 20007
Your tour will take place in the iconic neighborhood of Georgetown, where we will explore the history of the area and taste a variety of foods. During the tour, you will walk between the restaurant stops and your guide will share a bit of information and unique facts. the restaurant partners we've chosen for this tour are either local owners or are located in places of historic relevance to the stories we will share. In some cases, we'll take our food to go and continue along. Rest assured, you'll have plenty for lunch!
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children under 3 are welcome, ticket not needed if they are not eating
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Lunch - Please mention if you are vegetarian, or have food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking.
- Historical neighborhood information
- Small-group tour of 8 people
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - One beer tasting included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3327 Cady's Alley NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
1645 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Carpe DC Food Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.