What You'll Get
What better way to see New England's renown fall color than from the deck of a vintage Maine Lobster Boat?
Your captain and guide will meet you dockside in Portland's Old Port and assist you aboard M/V MONHEGAN, a beautifully restored wooden lobster boat. Let your mind wander to the days when sailing ships ruled the waves as we pass by some of the most iconic sights in Maine, including Portland Head Light, Maine's oldest lighthouse, and Fort Gorges, a Civil War-era fortress built to defend Portland Harbor.
Enjoy the crisp fall air and take in the vibrant autumn colors as MONHEGAN makes her way through some of Casco Bay's scenic islands. Along the way, your guide will add additional color with anecdotes about history, the islands, and life on the water in Maine. Seals, loons, eagles, and other seabirds are frequently encountered. You'll have lots of opportunities for photographs.
As your charter draws to a close, your captain will turn MONHEGAN back toward Portland Harbor, affording you excellent views of Portland's picturesque skyline and the working waterfront. You will return to your original departure point in Portland's Old Port.
MONHEGAN, our sturdy lobster boat, is fitted with a retractable enclosure over her aft deck to ensure your comfort even if the autumn weather is a bit chilly. All charters are private (only one group per sailing), for up to 6 passengers. Children and infants are welcome. All charters include both a captain and a guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and children are welcome. Children under age 10 must wear a life jacket (provided).
- Price is per group, regardless of group size (maximum group size is 6, including infants/children)
- Guests are welcome to bring aboard any food or drinks (including alcohol) that they wish to enjoy. A cooler, ice, glassware, plates, and utensils are provided.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Licensed Captain
- Local guide
- Cooler, ice, glassware, plates, utensils to facilitate enjoyment of any food or beverages (including alcohol) you wish to bring aboard
- This is a private charter. Maximum group size is 6 guests.
- Parking in Portland's Old Port
2 hours 30 minutes
Same as departure location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Casco Bay Custom Charters, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.