This walking tour led by Captain Bryan is not your average “sit there and shut up” tour where the guide won’t even remember you. Rather, after brief introduction, Captain Bryan will lead you on a historic journey of how Shem Creek came to prominence with its famous shrimping fleet and much more. Unlike any other tour in the area, guest have the ability to see the industry at work. Perhaps the group will meet Mr. Rector at Geechie Seafood with his several shrimp boats, beautiful reminders of the bountiful harvest to be conducted offshore. Furthermore, sample some of the key lime pie made by the family of Mrs. Fitch who is the owner of Mt. Pleasant Seafood or try your hand cast netting or a crabbing. This is not a tour, it is an experience to immerse yourself in the Shem Culture. Take back history, culture, language, snacks, but most of all guests will take from this experience an underlying appreciation for our local shrimpers and the history behind these hard working men and women.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Shem Creek Park, Coleman Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC
Travelers will see a variety of wildlife from the public park as part of the tour and learn about the ecological necessity of waterways like Shem Creek. However this is only one of many stops along this tour as we visit historic structures and areas of cultural significance.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Walking distance is around 1.5 miles. Please note especially with summer heat that guests should be able to walk this distance.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
111 Coleman Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464, USA
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Charleston Historic Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.