This 2-hour introductory paddle on the Edge of America will get you into the basics of SUP, all in the calm flatwater of the Folly River. All safaris begin with "ground school" or SUP instructions with your Lifeguard Certified Instructors. We'll explore alongside the numerous beautiful native birds and bottlenose dolphins. We'll go with the flow, following the tides and wind direction for a great beginning paddle. At low tide we visit a private beach and go for a swim!
Group photo is taken at the end of the tour, which will be posted on our social media pages.
Level: Beginners to Advanced. Ages 8 and Up
About This Deal
Once you book your tour, see the confirmation e-mail and sign out the liability waiver prior to arrival. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time of your tour at 83 Center Street, Folly Beach.
The guides will have all of the gear set up and ready to go. Paddleboards, paddles, life jackets are provided, please bring flip flops or water shoes (required), water, sunscreen, and bathing suits. At the shop, we have all the essentials available to purchase, such as sunscreen, crookies, hats and shirts. From there, the guide will walk you down to the water and there will be a 15 minute ground school.
Then, once in the water, you will be learning about the local estuary and ecosystem, looking for wildlife such as dolphins and different species of birds. These tours are great for an out of town visitors looking for something fun out on the water, or locals that want to splash around under the sun.
Please call or e-mail for any further questions.
• Charleston SUP Safaris, 83 Center St, Folly Beach, SC 29439
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear flip flops or water shoes (Required)
- Wear sunscreen and a bathing suit or clothes you don't mind getting wet
- Bring water.. it's hot here :)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our front office is entirely roped off and our bathroom is one in and one out, to ensure social distancing protocol is upheld.
- Includes everything you will need to get on the water safely
- professional guide
- stand up paddleboard
- life jacket
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Charleston SUP Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.