[This is a tour that ABSOLUTELY MUST START ON TIME!] Buzz through Charlotte’s hopping Uptown neighborhood on this Segway tour of North Carolina’s biggest city! Follow your local guide as you glide along the Levine Avenue of the Arts and check out the Mint Museum, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, The Gantt Center and the historic Fourth Ward. Choose either a 1.5- or 2-hour ride – the longer ride includes two historic cemeteries and the Carolina Panthers football stadium. This is a GREAT, POPULAR tour of Uptown Charlotte, however we are VERY VERY rarely able to accommodate late guests. CRUCIAL INFO: PLEASE NOTE that if you are not able to park and arrive at our office at least 45 min. before your tour time for mandatory Segway training, you will likely miss your opportunity to go out on this tour! And availability to reschedule for the same day or for weekend/holiday tour times is VERY UNLIKELY. PROMPT ARRIVAL IS A MUST FOR THIS TOUR. THANK YOU!!!
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
You'll meet your guide in downtown Charlotte and get started with a safety overview for the Segway. Once you’re comfortable with the Segway’s controls, follow your guide through the lively Uptown district, with plenty of stops along the way to snap photos and to hear fun stories and facts about Charlotte's history.
Option 1: 1.5-hour Segway tour
Wheel down the Levine Ave of the Arts, named after local donors to the arts in Charlotte. On one side of the avenue you’ll see the Bechtler Museum, designed by a Swiss architect and opened in 2010 to show the Bechtler family’s collection of modern art. Check out Niki de Saint Phalle’s outdoor sculpture “The Firebird” – which is covered in mirror mosaic and stands more than 17 feet (5 meters) tall.
Across the street you’ll find the Mint Museum, the oldest art museum in Charlotte with one of the largest art collections in the Southeast, and the Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture, which presents exhibitions and performing arts. Then pop into The Green, a pocket park lined with sculptures that celebrate great literature.
Next you'll travel over to Trade and Tryon streets, a crossroads where two native American trails once intersected, which became the center of Charlotte. Then head into the historic Fourth Ward where your guide will lead you through streets lined with beautiful Victorian homes.
Levine Avenue of the Arts
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
The Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture
Trade and Tryon
Option 2: 2-hour Segway tour
This option includes the sights in the shorter tour followed by a visit to the Old Settlers’ Cemetery, Charlotte’s original municipal cemetery which operated for a century starting in 1776. Listen to your guide’s tales of the prominent citizens that were buried here and at your next stop, the Elmwood/Pinewood Cemetery. Finally you'll return to modern times with a spin around the Panthers Stadium, where Carolina Panthers football fans cheer on their team.
Landmarks include those in option 1, plus:
Old Settlers’ Cemetery
Carolina Panthers football stadium
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST MUST MUST BE ON TIME FOR THIS TOUR! Arrive 45 min. before start time for training!!!
- Minimum age is 12 years old and must weight at least 100 lbs.
- Participants under 18, they must be with a parent or responsible party 21yrs or older and have a signed waiver from a parent
- Minimum weight is 100lbs so the Segway computer can respond to your movement.
- Maximum weight is 260lbs.
- Dress code: Ideally wear comfortable closed toe shoes, weather appropriate layers, and no hats under helmets. Gloves recommended on cold days
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No pregnant travelers are allowed
- NOT ALLOWED FOR PREGNANT PARTICIPANTS!
- NOT recommended for those who've had somewhat recent hip or knee replacements
- NOT recommended for those with unpredictable blood sugar issues.
- Participants must be able to stand for 1.5 -2 hrs and be able to climb stairs unaided.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Use of helmet
- Segway training
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Charlotte NC Tours LLC, Greenville Glides in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings