Discover opulent architecture of Chicago's financial district and hear secret stories of the rich and powerful
Architecture on this financial district walking tour will range from sleek Art Deco to glittering post-modern, with buildings constructed from the late 1800s into more recent times.
We also venture to the “back door” of the Board of Trade. Here a time-warp exists in the middle of downtown Chicago, with historic bars, an old school pizza joint, a pawn shop, and the rickety tracks of the "L" train.
In keeping with Chicago Detours’ mission to explore stories and places locals don’t know, this tour will either tell lesser known stories behind famous buildings or take guests into buildings they might not normally notice right in the heart of the financial district.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Financial District, Chicago, IL
See bank and insurance buildings from 1880s to present, learn about the symbolic meanings of architecture, and hear secret stories of flamboyant characters from the financial district's past
Stop At: The Rookery Building, 209 S La Salle St, Chicago, IL 60604-1219
See one of Chicago's oldest buildings in the Loop, designed by Burnham and Root, then step into a grand, elegant interior designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chicago Board of Trade Building, 141 W Jackson Blvd La Salle Street, Chicago, IL 60604-2992
Learn about the symbolism of the architecture of this iconic building and learn about the famous "open outcry" system of trade
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Monadnock Building, 53 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60604-3606
See the tallest all-masonry building in the world, with an award-winning restoration that lets you experience the building as it would have looked in the 1890s
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Marquette Building, 140 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603-5202
See the sparkling Tiffany mosaics in the lobby of this 19th century commercial building, and hear about eccentric founder of the MacArthur Foundation.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: In accordance with safety measures mandated by the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago, all guests must wear masks throughout the tour. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before the tour begins. Please practice social distancing throughout the tour as much as possible. If you are feeling ill or suspect you may have Covid-19, or if you do not want to wear a mask, then do not attend the tour.
- PLEASE NOTE: As individual buildings change their policies day-to-day, some of our indoor tour stops may unexpectedly be unavailable. The tour locations may be modified on the fly to showcase more exteriors, and you might get some bonus stops, too. Our expert tour guides are totally up for spontaneity, and our curious tour guests should be too!!
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Shared iPads with historic photos
- Professional Tour Guide Commentary
- Special Gifts
39 S LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
1 hour 30 minutes
Marquette Building, 140 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Chicago Detours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.