What You'll Get
An expert guide helps you to easily navigate the busy River North and Streeterville neighborhoods, as you discover the diverse history, architecture and culture of downtown Chicago on this 2.5 or 3-hour tour, depending on the season. Stroll through the main streets of Chicago which house a wonderful concentration of museums, restaurants and historic landmarks uniquely mixed with modern architecture, shops and art galleries. You’ll cross over Michigan Avenue and enjoy the majesty of the Magnificent Mile with historic landmarks including the Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, the Chicago Water Tower. The duration of the tour is 2.5 hours during the winter months, December-March.Tasting Locations:
Considered the oldest family name in Chicago pizza, Lou Malnati's iconic Chicago-Style Deep Dish pizza is regarded as the best in the city. Taste it for yourself!
The history of Al’s #1 Italian Beef Restaurants dates back to 1938. Al's founder Chris Pacelli, started a neighborhood beef stand in Chicago’s “Little Italy” neighborhood.
Portillo's Hot Dogs
The famed Portillo’s was founded in 1963 by Dick Portillo. After returning from serving in the Marines, Dick (with help from his brother Frank) opened a humble hot dog stand.
Savor the popcorn recipes that were born out of a family competition and carried over from the Garrett's Milwaukee home to their first Chicago shop in 1949.
Warm, earth-toned space with art deco flourishes presenting an inspired menu of New American dishes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Participants are urged to bring sun glasses, sun screen, and/or a hat during the summer months.
- Participants will be on their feet and outdoors for most of the walking tour, so please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes (flip-flops, high heels, and dress-shoes are not recommended.)
- Check the weather! Umbrellas on rainy days, warm layers on cold days, and cool clothing on hot days will make your experience much more enjoyable.
- During the months of December through March, the tour is decreased to 2.5 hours and does not stop at XOCO
- Food tastings, enough for a full lunch
- Neighborhood guide
- 1.4 miles of walking, helping you to explore Chicago
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Please arrive 15 minutes early.
2.5 to 3 hrs
Tour ends at the Copper Fox, 165 E Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60611
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Chicago Food Planet in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.