Formerly Longacre Square, Times Square entered the nation's consciousness in 1904, when it was renamed after the New York Times building that became the cornerstone of the new district. Join us on an early morning 4 mile run to see how much redevelopment has changed the neighborhood and experience the history of the theaters, restaurants, train stations and parks. See why Times Square has become the "Crossroads of the World"!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
Perhaps no part of New York City is as well known as the legendary Times Square. Once home to the first newspapers of NYC, this small 10-block district is now home to the annual televised New Year's Eve celebration and the most popular Broadway hits. On this run you'll also get treated to a trip through Grand Central Station and Rockefeller Center, before returning to the "Great White Way" to learn more about the theaters and secrets of why Times Square has become the "Crossroads of the World"!
OFFERED: Sundays at 8 am
DISTANCE: 4 Miles/6.4K
TERRAIN: Street, Sidewalk
TOUR DURATION: Approx. 1.5 hours
MEETING LOCATION: Asics Times Square
Stop At: Rockefeller Center, 45 Rockefeller Plaza Rockefeller Centre, New York City, NY 10111-0100
Stop At: Times Square, Broadway, New York City, NY 10036
Stop At: 599 Broadway, New York City, NY 10012-3235
Stop At: City Running Tours, 1411 Broadway, New York City, NY 10018-3496
City Running Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a 4.3 mile route (approximately 7km) tour designed with exciting stops along the route to interest all runners and is paced to accommodate all running levels.The tour will approximately be 90 minutes in duration. There will not be a coat/bag check for this tour. Your running guide will be using a running backpack and will carry small items for you if necessary.
- You will be responsible for your arrival and return from the meeting location. We will provide specific directions in our confirmation email.
- Local guide
- Running tour
- Social experience
- Running guide will carry a small backpack to carry smaller items
- Entry/Admission - Grand Central Terminal
- Entry/Admission - Rockefeller Center
- Entry/Admission - Times Square
- No coat/bag check
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
120 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Running Tours New York City in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.