All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed June 26, 2015
What You'll Get
After meeting your small group at the south end of Grant Park, watch a short safety video, put on your helmet and hop onto your Segway to take a few practice rounds. Riding a Segway is easy and intuitive, and your instructor will give you some pointers. Once you're comfortable, it's time to head out on the town!
Ride past the Field Museum, Chicago's world class natural history museum; the Adler Planetarium with its panoramic skyline views; and Shedd Aquarium. See Soldier Field, home to the Chicago Bears football team. Admire the towering glass towers of Crown Fountain in Millennium Park.
You'll spend much of your ride in gorgeously landscaped Grant Park, Chicago's premier public space. As you zip along on your Segway, listen to your guide share history and trivia about the third largest city in the United States. You'll find that the Segway allows you to cover much more ground than walking with less effort. During brief stops, your guide can capture photos of you on your Segway.
Your tour ultimately takes you to the Lake Michigan lakefront where you'll see Monroe Harbor and Navy Pier, a historic pier and entertainment area that is Chicago's most popular tourist attraction. Fireworks will burst and sparkle above you as you travel the lively lakefront.
Finish off your 2.5-hour night Segway tour back at the edge of Grant Park. You'll have a better idea of where you'd like to spend more time later and will be able to easily continue exploring Chicago by night.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as those needed to climb and descend stairs without assistance
- Tours run rain or shine
- Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 265 pounds
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
- City Segway Tours insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (those under 18 must have an adult sign for them).
- Maximum of 8 travelers per departure; groups larger than 8 passengers may be split into separate departures
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or authorized guardian
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a pre-authorization of $500 on a credit card. This pre-authorization is immediately canceled at the end of the tour and will not even appear on the statement.
Segway Tips:Wear comfortable shoes. While you're not walking, you are on your feet for three hours! Don't bring too many belongings with you. The Segways are equipped with very small bags for cameras and small purses. You may wish to wear sunscreen on sunny days, and bring rain gear and/or warm clothing for days that are looking like it might rain or will be cool (the temperature tends to be cooler near the lake).
- Guided Segway tour
- Orientation session (30 minutes)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Segway Tours - Chicago in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.