This trip is a real adventure in unspoiled Nature.
Early morning visit to Mayan city of Cobá gives you the chance to enjoy this site and its jungle setting to its fullest.
There will be almost no other tourists at Punta Laguna, because the place is still off the radar of the big tourist companies.
This Nature reserve ran by a small Mayan community has so much to offer: watching spider monkeys, canoeing and zip-lining over a beautiful lagoon and a mystical cenote.
What You'll Get
It is set deep in the jungle and many of the ruins have yet to be excavated. Cobá was settled much earlier than nearby Chichen Itzá and Tulum and construction reached its peak between AD 600 and 900. Ride a bike to arrive at the Nohoch Muul pyramid (with its 42m the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula), from the top of which you will enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site. Bikes or rickshaw style tricycles for rent are great way to explore this large jungle city.
Punta Laguna, is a nature reserve managed and protected by a Mayan community that offers eco-touristic activities in a very diverse and beautiful setting of unspoiled jungle and a clear lagoon. You will enjoy the marvelous natural environment of this area as you hike the jungle looking for monkeys, zip-line over the lagoon, canoe down crystal clear waters and swim in a mystical cenote. Before entering the jungle you will take part in Mayan purification ceremony with local shaman.
• Pick up from your hotel at around 7.15 a.m. (pick up time will be confirmed by e-mail before the tour)
• Cobá ruins (1.5 hour guided tour)
• Punta Laguna (2 hours guided tour)
• Lunch in a Mexican restaurant
• Return to the hotel at around 4 p.m.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour
- Beverages, snacks, and lunch
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle at Cob
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Entry/Admission - Punta Laguna Nature Reserve
- Cancun hotel pickups and drop-offs
• We pick up clients from all hotels between Puerto Morelos and Tulum (including Playa del Carmen downtown and Tulum hotel zone)
• No pickups from Cancun area
8 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Connection Zone in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.