Go on a 10-hour excursion from Portland to Mt. St. Helens (Loowit according to one native tribe). Through hikes, viewpoints, and stories, get intimate with the area around Mt. St. Helens. Snacks and water are provided, and there is a stop for lunch and drinks.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount St. Helens, WA 98649
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in Portland by 8:00am. You'll drive a little over an hour in our vehicle to your first stop in Mt. St. Helens National Monument, with a short hike through a lava impacted forest (or wetland lake depending on season).
Visit a number of other sites (itinerary changes based on season and weather), which can include views of the cratered top of the mountain, forests both old and new growth, mudflow plains, waterfalls and huckleberry bushes. You will stop for lunch and beverages, and we provide snacks and bottled water.
The stops of the day will be determined by weather and your group's desires and fitness levels; we have something for everything and remember, the best view of the mountain is always with it beneath your feet.
Your professional guide will provide naturalist commentary throughout the day. You'll be returned to your hotel at the end of the journey.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 3 passengers. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Shoes that are suitable for hiking are recommended
- *WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL ALLOW VISIBILITY OF THE MOUNTAIN*
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Flexible based on needs and inclinations
- Entry/Admission - Mount St. Helens
- Gratuities (always appreciated)
Traveler pickup is offered
9 to 11 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cordilleran Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.