It's been said that downtown Memphis is the place where the Mississippi Delta begins. Whether you are a visitor or native Memphian, the Cotton Museum is a great place to start an exploration of the Delta's history and our dynamic urban culture. Our Museum tells the story of how Memphis became all that it is. Engaging exhibits help visitors understand our city's place in time and explain how the art, history, and music that is so important to our culture evolved from the confluence of people that were originally gathered here around the cotton industry. The story of the south cannot be understood without understanding the story of cotton.
About This Deal
Visit: The Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange, 65 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103-5196
Visitors will receive an introductory orientation by one of our docents before viewing the opening film in our history gallery. The main exhibit is located on the Historic trade floor of the Memphis Cotton Exchange where cotton traders once stood at the center of the global cotton economy. Highlights include original films, detailing specific aspects of the cotton industry, oral histories, and exciting temporary exhibits.
Our award winning education wing, "Exploration Hall", explores cotton production, sustainability in agriculture, how technology in the industry has changed since the 1940's.
Admission also includes self-guided audio tour of Cotton Row. Memphis is the largest spot-cotton market in the world and, for generations, the historic Cotton Row district that surrounds the museum was the center of the worldwide cotton trade. The tour highlights historic landmarks and gives a sense of the clamber and bustle that once surrounded cotton commerce in Memphis.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Self-Guided tour of the museum including restored trading floor of the Memphis Cotton Exchange
- Audio-visual displays, oral histories, and artifacts tell of the continuing influence of cotton
- Entry/Admission - The Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange
The Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange, 65 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103-5196
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
|Monday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday:||12:00 PM - 05:00 PM|
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.