Where else can you take a wagon tour pulled by mules into the desert outback of California? No where but here!
This is an authentic and unique desert tour that showcases the natural flora and fauna of the Palm Springs Desert ecosystem called the Colorado Sonoran Desert. We follow the trail of the early pioneers on their journey through this harsh landscape and through the San Andreas Fault. Along the way we will see and learn about the Oases created by the fault and the geological thrust-ed hills that surround them. There will be time for a nature walk with your naturalist guide.
Upon the return there will be live vintage western songs, easy barn dance (optional), corn-hole and horseshoes, simulated roping, Chuck-wagon style BBQ, sunset, moon and stars and camp fire! Roasted marshmallows anyone?
What You'll Get
Experience an adventure into the Palm Springs, Sonoran Desert like our pioneer ancestors did, on a mule-drawn Covered Wagon! Journey into a 30,000 acre pristine, desert oasis wilderness preserve accessible and exclusive only to our Covered Wagon Tours!
Our crew at Covered Wagons enjoys interacting with our guests as much as you will enjoy us. Your expert, on-board naturalist guide and Wagon Master will entertain you as you explore the rugged canyon landscapes, natural oases, flora & fauna of this ancient Desert Wilderness and the geology of the San Andreas Fault.
Your senses will be captivated as you travel through this land as unchanged as nature created it! Ride through the lush oases. Watch the colorful desert sunset sink over the Mountains as you return to camp where the aroma of a Chuck-Wagon BBQ and the sound of live western music welcomes you back to a time you might have dreamed of. Enjoy the magic of a desert evening listening to live music, dining on slow-cooked BBQ and relaxing under a desert sunset, moon and stars.
Covered Wagons is the most enjoyable way to see, taste and experience our amazing desert ecosystem!
• BBQ Tri-tip or Briskett, BBQ Chicken - Coleslaw, Cowboy Beans, fresh bread and apple pie!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Dinner - Chuckwagon Style BBQ - Tri-tip, BBQ Chicken, Cowboy Beans, Coleslaw and Fresh Bread. We offer Lemonade and water. You are welcome to bring your own drinks
- Mule Drawn open air Covered Wagon
Washington Street, Washington St, Thousand Palms, CA 92276, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Covered Wagon Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.