Since 1848 from April 28th through May 8th, the small village of Cedral, located on the island of Cozumel, has celebrated la Feria de Cedral including the dia de Santa Cruz.
The feria commemorates the safe passage of 11 founding families who crossed over from the mainland to settle in Cozumel and escape the Caste War. The feria features cultural exhibitions , livestock shows, games, food and more. Of special date are the traditional dances, Cabeza de Cochino” and “La Cinta” which actually take place on the 3rd of May. Festivites are opened every year by the closest direct descendant of the original celebrants. In fact, La Feria is of such great cultural importance that in 2011 UNESCO has taken the first steps necessary to declare the event culturally historic. Considered to be Cozumel’s oldest festival, it has run continuously since
About This Deal
Visit: El Cedral, Costera Sur Highway, Cozumel 77600 Mexico
El Cedral is a small village on the southwestern side of Cozumel and also the site of the oldest Mayan ruins on the island. Spanish explorers first discovered the site in 1518, when it was a center of Mayan life and commerce. It later became the island’s first official city in 1847, and
today it is home to a small community of quaint houses and farms. Visitors can view the ruins alongside a small church and the village of El Cedral as it stands today.
Most of the Mayan temple was torn down, but a small archway remains. Though it is just a fraction of the structure’s former glory, it is enough to visualize what daily life may have been like at the time of Mayan civilization.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Parking Fees
- Guaranteed to skip the long line
- Bilingual Guide in the town
- Entry/Admission - El Cedral
- Entry/Admission - El Cedral
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and Drinks ( available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise ship port pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
El Cedral, Costera Sur Highway, Cozumel 77600 Mexico
9 to 10 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cozumel Tours Excursions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.