Little Italy in the Bronx, called simply Arthur Avenue is New York's real Little Italy where you'll find dozens of Italian food shops and restaurants, most of which have been family-owned for 50-100 years. On our 2.5 hour Shopping & Tasting Tour we show you exactly where to find the best mozzarella, cannoli and pizza. Throughout the tour hear stories from how Arthur Avenue got its name to Broadway's "A Bronx Tale." Accept no imitators, this tour has been featured in CNN Travel, Elite Daily, Los Angeles Times, Mic, New York Times, Washington Post and USA Today's 10 Best.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arthur Avenue Retail Market, 2344 Arthur Ave, New York City, NY 10458-8104
Over 2 hours you'll explore nearly a dozen food shops with a Little Italy insider. You'll find out which shop makes the best fresh mozzarella, where to get real San Marzano tomatoes and discover the spot where you can get the finest extra virgin olive oil from Sicily. Your walking tour will cover Arthur Avenue, Hughes Avenue and 187th Street. Food: Tastings of pastry, bread, cheese and salumi, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch. • Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City. • Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily. • Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods. • Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products. • Taste authentic Sicilian cannoli at Caffé & Gelato. • Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive chicola bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork. • Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love. • Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century. • Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price. • Joe's Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy. Throughout the tour we'll sample bread, pastry, cheese and salumi, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch. Shops make certain specialties on certain days or for particular holidays. Samples will be adjusted to reflect the best of Little Italy on the date of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Food tasting
Arthur Avenue Retail Market, 2344 Arthur Ave, The Bronx, NY 10458, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Culinary Ancestry in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.