At peak current at over 8 knots (9.5 mph) almost 900 million gallons of water pour through Deception Pass. That’s 50 times more flow that all the rivers in the Puget Sound. You can see why there is a 4.5 foot height difference in the water level from one side of the pass to the other!
But don’t worry, the boat is equipped with latest safety equipment. Captain Brett and crew will ensure safe passage and an entertaining time for all!
The Island Whaler is a New Zealand designed jet drive catamaran. The catamaran style and foil assist ensures a soft and stable ride in any conditions. The open deck seating will give you the best 360° viewing opportunity and interaction with the surrounding elements.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Deception Pass State Park, 5175 N State Hwy 20, Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WA 98277
Take a unique ride on a seated open deck boat and enjoy a 360° unobstructed view as we pass through the waters of Deception Pass on a one hour tour. Also, look for wildlife such as bald eagles, seals, porpoises and maybe an occasional whale. We may not have Nessee or Champ, but we have the world’s largest Pacific Octopus. Learn the tales of characters who navigated these waters and the splendor of this National Historic Landmark.
Duration: 55 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Electric Wheelchairs cannot be accomodated because there is one step up onto the boat. Folding wheelchair users can be rolled up the one step onto the boat and allowed to stay in their chair, or move into a nearby seat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Narrated Tour Aboard The Island Whaler Jet Catamaran
- WA State Discovery Pass Parking Fee $10
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Deception Pass Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.