At Defiance Rafting, we expect our guides and their passengers to display perfect paddling form when rafting through the Class III–IV Shoshone Rapids. When they do, which is mostly all the time, we reward their excellence by letting them raft it again. When they don't, we punish them by making them redo it, which, oddly enough, they never seem too upset about.
What You'll Get
Your experience starts by meeting at the Defiance boathouse in No Name, CO in beautiful Glenwood Canyon (which is just 2 miles east of the community of Glenwood Springs). There, we will gear you up, talk about the trip, and introduce you to your river pro. Then we'll shuttle up the canyon to Shoshone where we will put-in on the Colorado River. You'll find action right away as we navigate down the Class III Shoshone section.
You'll eddy out at Grizzly Creek, which is just below the Shoshone rapids, help your river pro load your raft and gear, and then we'll head back up to Shoshone for a second round of awesome! After a thrilling double-dose of whitewater, you will continue downriver for about an hour through beautiful Glenwood Canyon to Defiance HQ at No Name.
Class I–III (IV at higher water flows)
Trip Length: 2 to 2.5 hours (dependent on river flow)
Departs daily @ 4:00pm (June 15 - August 11) [Early and late-season departures twice daily @ 10:00am and 2:00pm]
Check-In is 45 minutes prior to departure
Requirements: Paddlers must weigh at least 50lbs to raft through the Shoshone rapids. Higher water levels typically occurring in late spring and early summer require that a participant be able to self-rescue in the event they fall out of the raft.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to trip departure.
- 24-hour cancelation policy (outside = full refund; inside = partial refund up to 50%)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD) aka, lifejacket
- Optional use of wetsuits, river booties, and splash-jackets
- Snack, drink, post trip swag for Happy Paddlers (guests 12 and under).
- No additional fees and taxes
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off upon request with 24-hour notice.
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
120 to 150 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Defiance Rafting Company in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.