Tap into your sense of adventure in Banff, Alberta, with the Via Ferrata experience, an activity that lets you climb to unprecedented heights. Via ferrata is Italian for ‘iron road,’ and Banff’s Via Ferrata is just that: a protected climbing route that allows novice and expert climbers alike to ascend a mountain by way of a steel cable that is fixed to the rock. And scenic Banff is the perfect place to try this technique. This is a fun, safe and adventurous way to get out of your comfort zone and experience the thrill of the mountains.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Italian for “iron road”, Via Ferrata is an assisted climbing experience along four breathtaking routes on the cliffs above Mt Norquay. Climb ladders, cross suspension bridges, and marvel at the grandeur of the mountain vistas that surround you. The views are wild, but you’re safe and secure throughout your journey. Led by a highly experienced ACMG-certified guide, you wear a harness that is always attached to the mountain’s steel cable pathway, securing you to the rock at all times.
Choose from routes ranging from 2.5 to 4 hours, with no experience required on any of these guided climbing tours.
• Mount Norquay, #2 Mt Norquay Rd, Banff, AB T1L 1B4, Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participants need to be at least 12 years old
- Minimum weight is 40 kg (88 lbs)
- Maximum weight is 140 kg (308 lbs)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Participants should bring all weather outerwear suitable for outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion including: Weatherproof shell pant or soft shell pant, warm layer(s), sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snack, small backpack, hiking boots. If you don't have these items, you can access the extensive range of free rental equipment if needed, including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants. Available on a first come first serve basis; can’t guarantee availability or sizes.
- Near public transportation
- The guide to guest ratio is 1:8 for each group. Groups larger than 8 will be split between two guides.
- All adult participants are required to sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed and signed by a legal guardian for any participant under the age of 18 years.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 2 participants.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- ACMG-certified Guide
- Necessary equipment - harnesses, helmets, Via Ferrata leashes
- Chairlift ride to access the Via Ferrata
- Access to free rental equipment including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants
- Free shuttle bus from Banff
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discover Banff Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.