What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Travel to Mt Norquay to meet your certified guide, who will teach you all about this exciting activity and how to experience it safely. Learn how to use your equipment and get ready for the experience of a lifetime, set in beautiful Banff National Park, along the Rockies of Alberta.
As you begin your ascent up the mountain above the Mt. Norquay ski area, take a moment to admire the stunning scenery: Alberta’s sawtooth mountains jut into the blue sky while trees populate the lower foothills. Channel your inner thrill seeker as you continue upward, guided by a series of cables and ladders and a suspension bridge that makes what would otherwise be an arduous journey into a safe adventure. At the end of your climb, enjoy the relaxing ride back to your hotel.
Choose from two routes:
The Explorer Route This will give you a 2.5-hour introduction to this adrenaline-fueled activity, including an introduction to the equipment. Then you’ll venture along some of the lower pitches and across the scenic suspension bridge.
The Ridgewalker Route This 4-hour tour is great for adventurers who want to take their experience further, on a 4-hour tour. Tackle vertical drops, conquer spectacular overlooks and cross the suspension bridge.
Please note: No climbing experience is necessary, but it is recommended that you be physically fit enough to climb a ladder.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participants need to be at least 12 years old
- Minimum weight is 35 kg (77 lbs)
- Maximum weight is 140 kg (308 lbs)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Participants should bring all weather outerwear suitable for outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion including: Weatherproof shell pant or soft shell pant, warm layer(s), sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snack, small backpack, hiking boots. If you don't have these items, you can access the extensive range of free rental equipment if needed, including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants. Available on a first come first serve basis; can’t guarantee availability or sizes.
- ACMG-certified Guide
- Necessary equipment - harnesses, helmets, Via Ferrata leashes
- Chairlift ride to access the Via Ferrata
- Access to free rental equipment including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants
- Free shuttle bus from Banff
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
North American Lodge at Banff Mount Norquay
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time to sign waivers and get outfitted.
2.5 to 4 hrs
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discover Banff Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY. ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.